There’s no day in racing quite like Grand National Saturday.
As many as 40 runners will go to post on Saturday 14th April to contest the 171st running of the famous event at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool.
But who do you back? There are so many choices!
- Willie Mullins’ raider Total Recall looks set to go off as one of the favourites for this year’s event. The nine-year-old has won on three of his four starts this season, including an impressive success in the Ladbrokes Trophy last December. Odds – 10/1
- Nigel Twiston-Davies’ runner, Blaklion, finished fourth in last year’s Grand National and won the Becher Handicap on the same course just four months ago. He’s experienced over the longer the trips and should have the staying power to last the 4m2f slog on Merseyside. Odds – 10/1
- Anibale Fly produced a memorable display to finish third in the Cheltenham Gold Cup at 33/1 last month. He’s won in a big field already this season after hacking up at Leopardstown. He’ll be eager for soft ground if he’s to win the prize for A J Martin. Odds – 10/1
- Tiger Roll went one better at the Cheltenham Festival by winning the 3m6f Cross Country Chase for Gordon Elliott. The Irish trainer last won the National with Silver Birch in 2007. He should be in with a shout with the son of Authorized, who has a penchant for the longer trip. Odds – 8/1
- Don’t forget Minella Rocco. The eight-year-old has an erratic jumping style but could go better after undergoing wind surgery in February. Jonjo O’Neill’s charge is the only one of the main contenders to have won over 4m before. Odds – 25/1
All Odds and Markets correct as of date of publication
So what can we conclude? There are plenty of runners to choose from and all at a decent price!
You could get two shots at predicting the winner of the famous old race. with an amazing new customer offer from Ladbrokes.
Back your selection here to the tune a min £5 and you’ll receive a matched Free Bet to use straight away!
Important info: 18+. New UK+IRE Customers only. Min deposit £5. Certain payment methods and cashout excluded. Min first bet £5. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. Free bet credited upon placement of qualifying bet, valid for 24 hours. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs Apply.